Are you interested in the HomeSafe Georgia Program? Take a moment to look at the Program and the Eligibility Requirements that must be met in order to participate.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about HomeSafe Georgia. We hope the eligibility requirements presented, the questions and answers below, the FAQ, and the HomeSafe Program will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer Service is available to answer any general questions. Please call toll free 1-877-519-4443 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a printout of Eligibility Requirements.
1. Can you tell me if I am eligible? We have listed the main requirements in hopes that you would be able to determine your eligibility; some requirements are easy to make a determination, some are not. First and foremost, you must have suffered an economic hardship due to unemployment or underemployment through no fault of your own. You may be unsure about a requirement listed; feel free to apply and let us make the determination. Customer Service is happy to answer any general questions, but will not be able to tell you if you are eligible for the program. We will check your eligibility as we review your application and supporting documents.
2. I need immediate help. Can my application be rushed? No. Applications are worked in the date order the application package is received (once lender is participating) to be fair to all applicants. You may want to discuss your options with your lender’s loss mitigation department. Sending a completed application package and answering questions or providing requested additional documents promptly will help your application move more swiftly through the process.
3. How long does the process take? Due to the expected volume of applications, it may be up to 12 weeks. After completing your application on-line you will be asked to download your documents. Please help us by making sure you and all co-borrowers have read, completed, and signed each page where indicated, and have included all checklist items that apply to you, prior to the submission of your application package to us. For more information, see the tab labeled "Application". If you submit an application package and your lender is not participating, the estimated processing time will start after lender approval.
4. I am currently working with my lender. Can I still get HomeSafe Georgia assistance? Your lender may offer options that could be affected by HomeSafe Georgia assistance. Please discuss with your lender any ramifications of accepting assistance from us if you are considering, have applied, or are currently in a lender program. If you are in a Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), you cannot receive HomeSafe Georgia assistance to make your trial payments.
5. I am in foreclosure. Can I apply? Anyone can apply, but most loans in foreclosure do not meet the eligibility requirements. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval and does not stop the foreclosure process. Your eligibility, the property’s eligibility, the stage of your foreclosure, and your lender’s willingness to stop the foreclosure process will determine if HomeSafe Georgia is able to provide assistance.
If you need help or have questions regarding foreclosure, please contact a home counselor who can provide foreclosure counseling at this link:
6. What happens if I apply and I am not eligible? You will receive a Statement of Ineligibility or Denial after your application is reviewed. See FAQ for more information.
7. I know my credit score is bad. Does that matter? A credit report is pulled as part of the application review, but no one will be denied because of a credit score. HomeSafe Georgia does not use or consider credit scores or total debt to income in the approval process.
8. I just tried to apply on-line and could not. Why? Occasionally the volume of applications received will require that the system be shut down so that we can work applications on hand prior to accepting more, and sometimes the system must be down for maintenance. We will try to have information regarding the availability on our homepage. If you cannot apply for other reasons, you may want to review FAQ.
9. I have questions. Who can I talk to? Customer Service is available during business hours to take your calls - call toll free 1-877-519-4443, or you may send an email to email@example.com . Customer Service is happy to answer any general questions about the Program or the application process. Customer Service regrets that it is unable to answer questions about anticipated lender participation or your eligibility for the program.